Sunday, December 12, 2010

Week Three Communication - Cherie Park


Cherie Stated

Wk 3-Reading CH. 7-9

I agree with the author that we need to not focus primarily on what went wrong with whatever we are doing but what went right. I've done this many times. I will be presenting and mess one little thing up but other than that the presentation went smoothly and everyone was engaged and asking questions. Yet when I am done, all I can focus on is that one little flub. That little flub will then follow me into the next time I present. What I need to focus on is the fact that I alone am the only one who noticed the little mistake. We definitely need to include mistakes in our performance. If not when or if we do make a mistake, it will haunt us. I tell my students all the time that one little mistake is nothing, look at what all you did well. Guess I need to do as I say also.


Replied

Ricardo said...

During the time that I spent coaching there were many instances where we would have to tell our athletes don't concentrate and what you did wrong rather concentrate on what you are going to do right the next time opportunity shows itself.

Blog Title: Wk 3-Reading CH. 7-9
Blogger: Cherie Park
http://cpark-edm613.blogspot.com/2010/12/wk-2-reading-ch-4-6.html#comments
Retrieved on December 11, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment