Sunday, December 19, 2010

Week 4 Comment to Cherie Park


Cherie stated,

I love how the author took the blame for the mistake during a performance. I had a professor in college who when the class did poorly on a test tell us, "I am sorry. I must not have taught this particular curriculum well. I will reteach it and again, my apologies." That has stuck with me through the years and I have had to say that to my students. It is important to not place blame on everyone else but to accept some of it as your own. It is not us (teachers) vs them (students), it is we as a class and we as a school. So I will try to be the whole board, not just a game piece.

Ricardo said...

It is really amazing when you have to say to yourself that I am to blame for the situation that we are in. This is a reflection that I at times make of myself and the current intensity of my students. What is it that motivates my class to achieve more that what is expected. As we returned from the Thanksgiving break I reflected upon what I needed to do to make my students more interested in the skills that we were attempting to develop. The answer that I came up with was the fact that I needed to have more in depth lessons with regards to actual drawing. My students are just learning how to create and sketch. Finding faults in my attempts to teach have done wonders for my adaptation and correction.

URL: http://cpark-edm613.blogspot.com/2010/12/wk-4-reading-ch-10-12.html
Blogger: Cherie Park
Topic: Week 4. Reading Chpt.10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment